Sunday, May 8, 2011

Interior Porch Makeover - Look what we discovered!!!

Working together, this porch makeover was our first family project.  Below is the AFTER picture.

 
The pic below was taken before I painted the walls white, but the floors were finished and I was so excited.

We  removed carpet, then linoleum, then plywood subflooring (which had the longest nails I've ever seen) to discover the original "exterior" porch. When this room was enclosed the original porch flooring had been covered.  So it was a delight to find it in such good condition. A lot of elbow grease, a variety of colors in paint and stains, and moving furniture around created a new look without a lot of expense!! Below is the BEFORE Picture.
The Floor when we finally uncovered it was beautiful.
My nieces helped choose colors and stain each board.  The result is beautiful!! I found a few matching rugs at World Market that compliment the colors. This porch will make the perfect greenhouse during winter months!!

2 comments:

Maipenrai said...

Just love it!! What a fabulous and creative approach. Makes me realise I'm too conservative and to try fresh things. Well done. :)

Maipenrai said...

Just love it!! What a fabulous and creative approach. Makes me realise I'm too conservative and to try fresh things. Well done. :)