Saturday, April 30, 2011

North Carolina Lighthouses!

I love painting the Lighthouses of North Carolina. As you can see I got carried away! Each time I found a piece of furniture that needed repurposing, I painted a lighthouse theme!!

To get each piece ready for paint, I lightly sand the piece, then spray with a good primer like Kilz. Once dry, I lightly sand it again, then add two basecoats. After that dries, the fun begins.

If you have a knack for painting, simply draw your design and paint away. If you aren't quite that confident, then look for a stencil to give you a great design or create your own stencil. The point is to have fun!! Any mistakes can be painted over.





Finish each piece with a couple of coats of sealer, to ensure years of durability!!  On to the next project!!!

No comments: