Wednesday, December 10, 2008



www.all-things-handcrafted.com Located in Meadowbrook Mall, in Clemmons, NC

www.nonpareilgifts.com Located on Vest Mill Road in Winston Salem, NC

As you all know (and some that don't know) Christmas is one of my very favorite seasons! The lights, the sounds, the traditions, all keep my heart close to home!! But my favorite part of Christmas is the unending list of Art & Craft Shows that appeal to my creative side! All year long, my basement studio is filled with preparations for the Holiday seasons. Baskets and boxes filled with the basic "crafty ingredients" to make beautiful ornaments, beaded angels, painted gourds, tiny Moravian Star earrings, and of course lots of fused glass jewelry!

Each Season brings a favorite craft to the front of the assembly line. Spring and summer are dedicated to fine fused glass windchimes, stained glass stepping stones, wine bottles chimes, bright colorful fused glass jewelry, with themes like palm trees and flamingos, tote bags with flip flops appliqued to the front, and waterhose wreaths! Fall puts me in the spirit for Halloween and Turkeys... always a favorite when decorating my painted lightbulbs!!! But Christmas..... ah, sweet Christmas... so many ideas, so little time....

I can't begin to tell about all the things I have created for Christmas this year... Panda themed ornaments, lighthouse ornaments, tiny Santa bulbs, Christmas jewelry, Moravian Star jewelry, of course more painted lightbulbs, but my favorite, my most favorite by far, has been this delightful Grinch Gourd... I took his photo while he hid in my tree. I think this will be my inspiration for my Christmas Card for next year... I hope you all enjoy his smile as much as I enjoy creating him!! Merry Christmas!!

No comments: